Learn about the MFS9.8 on our website:
Unmatched in its class, the Tohatsu 9.8 hp 4-stroke has set the standard in portable outboard power! This lightweight motor weighs in at barely over the 80 lb mark and has undeniable characteristics of a true marine champion.
Our 9.8hp outboard is skinny on fuel and big on power while never compromising performance or reliability. It has a ton of features that are usually only found on larger, more expensive outboards. We pack a lot of punch for the buck in this truly unique outboard! In the 10 hp/9.9 hp category, Tohatsu has once again proven itself the leader of the pack with this 9.8 hp 4-stroke.
Tohatsu 9.8 hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
• Light and compact!
• Designed with proven technology
• Reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
• Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
• Trim tab reduces steering effort, functioning also as the sacrificial anode that protects the engine from electrolysis
• Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
• 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling:
• Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
• Manual choke on tiller models
• Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
• Shallow water drive*
• 6 trim positions*
• Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability:
• Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
• Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
• Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
• High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
• Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
• 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
• Aluminum propeller
• Low oil pressure indicator
• Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
• Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
• Over-rev. limiter
• The shift lever is located on the front of the motor for easier operation.
• Our air-intake system has a large volume air silencer to ensure engine starting and to suppress air-intake noise during engine operation.
Wide Anti-Cavitation Plate with Trim Tab:
• The wide anti-cavitation plate effectively restrains the propeller from cavitating. The large trim tab helps to achieve effortless steering at high speeds while also providing corrosion protection.