Tohatsu 6 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about oil spill
- Light and compact
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Newly designed Tohatsu’s unique front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge (standard on external fuel tank models only)
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Front & Back Large Carry Handles
Ergonomically designed new Large Front & Back Carrying Handles which allow easier carry and transportation from having one handle positioned slightly below another.
3-way storage positions (Port, Front & Starboard side down) without worrying about oil spill. *Please refer to Owner's Manual for storage and transportation.
Front Mounted Shift Lever
The new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for better drivability.
Longer Tiller Handle
The tiller handle has been extended 110mm from previous models for easier access and maneuverability.
Propeller Hub Exhaust
Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||6 hp (4.4 kw)|
|Displacement||123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6" - 9"|
|Transom Height||15", 20", 25"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||15 fl. oz. (450 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||Internal Fuel Tank Models (MFS6DD) : 0.3 US Gal. (1.15 Lit) Integral Tank (Includes an External Fuel Tank Connector installed on engine to allow user to use an optional external fuel tank) External Fuel Tank Models (MFS6D) : 3.1 US Gal. (12 Lit) Separate Fuel Tank|
|Weight*||55 lbs. (25 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A (Standard on "SailPro" models)|
|Max. RPM Range||5,000 - 6,000|
|Digital CD Ignition System||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Shallow Water Drive||Standard|
* Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
** FC-W® is a registered trademark of the National Marine Manufacturers Assoc. (NMMA)
SailPro models comes standard with a high-thrust prop and 12V charging system.
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.
MFS6DD internal fuel tank models includes an external fuel tank connector installed on the engine to allow user to connect an optional external fuel tank.
MFS6D models are external fuel tank only models.