Learn about the MFS60 on our website:
With a sleek look and two color options (Aqua Marine Blue and Beluga White), the new MFS60A 4-stroke outboard has been created with new technologies and characteristics. By using proven technology such as; electronic fuel injection (EFI), dual intake valves, anodized pistons and a modified roller rocker arm, your time on the water will be equipped with smoother and faster acceleration.
Tohatsu is determined to provide an engine to back you up on all your activities. Armed to deliver a powerful ride, the 60hp EFI four stroke not only offers accelerating speed while using less fuel, but provides the lightest weight in its class to muscle your boat applications without sacrificing performance.
Equipped with standard features such as variable idle speed allowing you to change the idle speed from 650 to 950 rpm’s, a low gear ratio giving you the increased low end torque your boat needs, a freshwater flushing system designed to make routine flushing easier, and a high output 21 amp alternator, the MFS60 provides the industry leading features you expect from Tohatsu.
Tohatsu 60 hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
• Sleek design with monochrome tilt handle
• SOHC with unique 9-Valve Design
• Outstanding fuel economy
• Lightest weight in its class, starting at just 213 lbs.
• Available in short (15"), long (20”) & ultra long (25”) shaft lengths
• Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
• 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation:
• Electronic Fuel Injection
• MicroComputer Programmed ignition system for quicker starts
• High output 21 amp alternator
• New and improved gear case with lower gear ratio for increased low end torque
• Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
• Power trim & tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability:
• Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
• Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
• Variable idling speed control from 650 to 950 rpm’s
• A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
• Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
Warning & Protection:
• Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
• Overheat warning (audible)
• Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
• Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
• Over-rev. limiter
SOHC 9-Valve and Roller Rocker Arms:
• SOHC with unique 9-Valve Design with roller rocker arms provide minimal friction offering quicker throttle response more durable against wear and tear.
Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models:
• The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation